Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Food

It's been a while since I've blogged about food. I'm not as organized as I was at the beginning of the year with meals I've made, but I decided I to update you with a few food highlights from the last 6 months. 
This is the cake my friend Jackie made for our friend Charlene's surprise baby shower. So cute! And very impressive considering this was her first attempt at fondant cake making. (Charlene the one I made the diaper bag for. )

I did NOT make this cake I just though it was really cute. This is the (professional) cake that was at my friend Charlene's planned baby shower.

This was our happy anniversary breakfast waffles. 

This was pamesan and panko crusted tilapia with penne al a vodka and broccoli. 

Here is a german chocolate cake that David made from scratch (including the frosting). Pretty impressive.

Here is a delicious baked waffle that I made shortly after getting the idea/craving from  my uncle's blog. 

My birthday cake. Paula Deen's double layered pineapple upside-down cake. So unhealthy and so delicious.  

Since I've been in New York I've had a hard time finding good produce. My friend Shyla told me about this grocery store called Guinta's Meat Farms. It sounds weird but they have the BEST produce EVER. There's so much and it's really inexpensive so lots of people go there=it's always fresh. I've never seen truly ripe (red/yellow) mangos at a grocery store before going here. So obviously I had to take a picture of the beautiful sight. 

The fact that they're from Brazil makes me love them even more because it reminds me of one of my best friends Kelsey Sprague. :-.)
This is David's Double layered german chocolate birthday cake.  That's right folks, David is officially out of his 20s!

This was his birthday dinner. Omaha steaks and twice baked potatoes (provided by my parents as a birthday present) with spinach and corn on the cob. Delish!

My friend Dawn was talking about all the great things that could be done with Fluff and she couldn't believe I had no idea what she was talking about. I finally had my first authentic fluff sighting and had to photo document it. 





No comments: